5 hours ago
On: Thursday, September 20, 2012
1. Attend the Fair with fun friends.
2. Eat yummy fried food in moderation (or you will pay for it later).
3. Plan the rides so that you are paired with your own spouse. Otherwise things might appear awkward when you look over your photographs.
4. If you decide you don't really care for a certain show, wait to make your exit until the juggler is doing something super complex (like juggling knives). Otherwise, the performer will call you out for leaving and you might get embarrassed.
5. Bring extra clothes for toddlers in case one of them decides to pee all over the grass during the sea lion show. When you leave to change your child, make sure your spouse informs people not to sit in the spot where your child peed. (This is the only picture of Calla in her original Fair outfit.)
6. Smile. Even if it's hot or there's too many people. The State Fair only happens once a year.
7. Try to avoid touching the pigs, or you might get the swine flu. However, if you have a really cute child who loves pigs, it might be worth the risk. ;)
8. Really focus on the animals. It is not often that one gets to see so many different types of farm animals so close. Sticking out your tongue really helps concentration.
9. If you begin to feel tired after a day at the Fair with lots of small children, just stop where ever you are and chug one of those free energy drinks they hand out. Your energy will be restored for 5 hours.
10. Bring your camera. Photo opportunities will be peaking through every where. :)
By Julie | Permalink |